Representing Your Community Through Policy and Engagement: Phase IV focuses on in-depth discussions and examples of a board member’s role as a policymaker and interactive small-group sessions that walk through an actual community engagement activity. This workshop will also have a segment on dealing with the media and public forums.
The Representing Your Community Through Policy and Engagement: Phase IV Workshop will be offered virtually in two parts. Participants must attend both parts in order to receive credit.
The Phase IV workshop will be highly participatory and will provide participants opportunities to collaborate with others in both large group and small group settings. Given the interactive nature of this workshop, this session will not be recorded, nor available to view at a later time.
- Part A — 9 a.m. to noon Thursday, September 23, 2021 (virtual)
- Part B — 9 a.m. to noon Thursday, September 30, 2021 (virtual)
Workshop Fees: $210 by August 27 ($230 after August 27)
REGISTRATION: School district officials, please contact MSBA’s Jen Ebert at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
For those who register after the deadline, MSBA cannot guarantee arrival of Phase IV materials before the workshop.
Cancellation by Meeting Participants for Representing Your Community Through Policy and Engagement: Phase IV
(1) If a pre-registered participant cancels any time prior to the date registration closes, MSBA will fully refund the registration fee.
(2) If a pre-registered participant cancels between the date registration closes until the time the MSBA-sponsored event/activity begins, he/she will be charged an administration fee of $85.
(3) Once an event/activity begins, all registrants are responsible for the full registration fee.