Learning to Lead — School Board Basics: Phase I is for newly elected or appointed school board members. This workshop helps new board members hit the ground running. Phase I covers the role of the school board, the role of the superintendent, the leadership team relationship, and common scenarios facing new board members.
- Friday, December 4, 2021 — 9 a.m. to noon (virtual)
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 — 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. (virtual)
- Thursday, December 9, 2021 — 9 a.m. to noon (virtual)
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022 — 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (Hilton Minneapolis – in person)
Workshop fees: $125 for advance registration ($135 for late registrants)
Mentor* fees: $75 for advance registration ($85 for late registrants)
* A “mentor” is either a board member or superintendent who is a mentor for a new board member. In order to receive the mentor fee, the mentor must have previously attended this workshop and their mentee must be in attendance.
Workshop registration: School district staff — log in to the MSBA website via https://mnmsba.org/login. After logging in, click on the “Member Admin” link at the top of the webpage and then click on “Event Registration.” All registrations (for school board members, superintendents, and district staff) should go through your school district office.
Cancellation by Meeting Participants for Learning to Lead — School Board Basics: Phase I
(1) If a pre-registered participant cancels any time prior to the date registration closes, MSBA will fully refund the registration fee.
(2) If a pre-registered participant cancels between the date registration closes until the time the MSBA-sponsored event/activity begins, he/she will be charged an administration fee of $55.
(3) Once an event/activity begins, all registrants are responsible for the full registration fee.