Leadership Foundations — School Finance and Management: Phase II
Presented by MSBA staff and state experts, Leadership Foundations — School Finance and Management: Phase II covers core topics such as the budget, school finance, local levies, policies, significant laws affecting school boards, collective bargaining, and personnel issues.
Note: The sessions in the MSBA Learning to Lead Workshop Series (Phase I, Phase II, Phase III, and Phase IV) can be taken in any order.
Workshop Schedule and Registration Information
All registrations should be coordinated through the district office.
Two-part virtual session: Attendance at both Part A and Part B is required to receive attendance credit.
Advance registration for this two-part session closes on March 3. Registration completed March 4-8 will be considered late/walk-in.
- Part A — 9 a.m. to noon Friday, March 10, 2023
- Part B — 9 a.m. to noon Friday, March 17, 2023
Workshop fees: $210 for advance registration ($230 for late registration)
Mentor* fees: $100 for advance registration ($120 for late registration)
* A “mentor” is either a board member or superintendent who is a mentor for a new board member. In order to receive the mentor fee, the mentor must have previously attended this workshop and their mentee must be in attendance.
Registration: School district staff, please click here to access event registration (All registrations should be coordinated through the district office.)
Direct registration-related questions to Jen Ebert at email@example.com.
MSBA Event Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by Meeting Participants for Leadership Foundations — School Finance and Management: Phase II
(1) If a pre-registered participant cancels any time prior to the date registration closes, MSBA will fully refund the registration fee.
(2) If a pre-registered participant cancels between the date registration closes until the time the MSBA-sponsored event/activity begins, he/she will be charged an administration fee of $85 ($55 for mentors).
(3) Once an event/activity begins, all registrants are responsible for the full registration fee.