Presented by MSBA staff and state experts, Leadership Foundations — School Finance and Management: Phase II covers core topics such as the budget, school finance, local levies, policies, significant laws affecting school boards, collective bargaining, and personnel issues.
- Two-day virtual workshop:
- Part A – Saturday, December 11, 2021 — 9 a.m. to noon
- Part B – Saturday, December 18, 2021 — 9 a.m. to noon
- Attendance at both Part A and Part B is required to receive attendance credit.
- One-day in-person workshop: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 — 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Hilton Minneapolis)
Workshop fees: $210 for advance registration ($230 for late registrants)
Mentor* fees: $100 for advance registration ($120 for late registrants)
* A “mentor” is either a board member or superintendent who is a mentor for a new board member. In order to receive the mentor fee, the mentor must have previously attended this workshop and their mentee must be in attendance.
Workshop registration: School district staff — log in to the MSBA website via https://mnmsba.org/login. After logging in, click on the “Member Admin” link at the top of the webpage and then click on “Event Registration.” All registrations (for school board members, superintendents, and district staff) should go through your school district office.
Cancellation by Meeting Participants for Leadership Foundations — School Finance and Management: Phase II
(1) If a pre-registered participant cancels any time prior to the date registration closes, MSBA will fully refund the registration fee.
(2) If a pre-registered participant cancels between the date registration closes until the time the MSBA-sponsored event/activity begins, he/she will be charged an administration fee of $85 ($55 for mentors).
(3) Once an event/activity begins, all registrants are responsible for the full registration fee.