Presented by MSBA staff and state experts, Leadership Foundations — School Finance and Management: Phase II covers core topics such as the budget, school finance, local levies, policies, significant laws affecting school boards, collective bargaining, and personnel issues.
Note: The sessions in the MSBA Learning to Lead Workshop Series (Phase I, Phase II, Phase III, and Phase IV) can be taken in any order.
Virtual session — Advance registration closes December 12, 2022.
- Part A: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Part B: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, December 21, 2022
In-person session — Advance registration closes January 4, 2023
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at the Minneapolis Hilton (1001 S. Marquette Ave., Minneapolis — during Leadership Conference week)
Workshop fees: $210 for advance registration ($230 for late registration)
Mentor* fees: $100 for advance registration ($120 for late registration)
* A “mentor” is either a board member or superintendent who is a mentor for a new board member. In order to receive the mentor fee, the mentor must have previously attended this workshop and their mentee must be in attendance.
REGISTRATION: Visit https://mnmsba.enviseams.com/events/upcoming-events to access registration.
Cancellation by Meeting Participants for Leadership Foundations — School Finance and Management: Phase II
(1) If a pre-registered participant cancels any time prior to the date registration closes, MSBA will fully refund the registration fee.
(2) If a pre-registered participant cancels between the date registration closes until the time the MSBA-sponsored event/activity begins, he/she will be charged an administration fee of $85 ($55 for mentors).
(3) Once an event/activity begins, all registrants are responsible for the full registration fee.