Elections for six MSBA Board of Directors seats will be held during 2024 Leadership Conference
Elections for three-year terms will be held for MSBA Board of Directors seats for the Director Districts listed below (except for Director District 5, which will be a one-year term).
Each MSBA Director District will meet for a Director District Discussion at 1 p.m. Thursday, January 11, 2024, during the Leadership Conference at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
- MSBA Director District 3 (southwest Minnesota): three-year term — current director: Jeanna Lilleberg, Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City (open seat)
- MSBA Director District 5 (north metro): one-year term — current director: Nicole Hayes, Anoka-Hennepin (open seat)
- MSBA Director District 6 (northeast metro): three-year term – current director: Michelle Yener, North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale (open seat)
- MSBA Director District 9 (east-central Minnesota): three-year term — current director: Julie Domogalla, East Central Schools (open seat)
- MSBA Director District 12 (northwest Minnesota): three-year term — current director: Jim DeVries, Mahnomen (open seat)
- MSBA Director District 13 (southwest metro): three-year term — current director: Kristi Peterson, Shakopee (open seat)
Contact MSBA’s Jackie Fahey at email@example.com to receive additional information to learn about the requirements of being an MSBA board member.
Election process during Director District Discussion on January 11 (during the MSBA Leadership Conference):
- In each Director District with an election, candidates will need to be nominated during their Director District Discussion on Thursday, January 11, and each candidate will have the opportunity to speak.
- If only one nominee has been named for the District Director, a voice vote is appropriate.
- According to the MSBA Bylaws, if there are more than two candidates nominated, a vote would be taken at this time to determine the top two candidates.
- In the event of a tie, the election to that office shall be determined by the judges by lot.
- MSBA Executive Director Kirk Schneidawind will present the newly elected MSBA Board Directors to the membership during the Closing Session of the Leadership Conference on Friday, January 12.