Do you have a senior high school student serving on your school board as a student representative? If so, please encourage them to apply for the Robert E. Meeks MSBA Student School Board Member Scholarship. Each spring, MSBA will award $3,000 scholarships to two Minnesota students.
Applications for the 2023 scholarship are now available. Please download the application below.
To qualify for the 2023 scholarship:
1. The student’s school board must be a member of MSBA.
2. The student must be a high school senior graduating after the spring 2023 semester.
3. The student’s service as a school board member must be during his/her senior year.
4. The student will be a full-time postsecondary student in fall 2023.
Guidelines for adding student representatives to your school board: If you are considering adding a student representative to your school board, click here to access some guidelines.
Applications are now available for the 2023 MSBA Student School Board Member Scholarship!
- By mail — MSBA Student School Board Scholarship, 1900 West Jefferson Avenue, St. Peter, MN 56082-3015 (mailed entries must be postmarked by Saturday, March 11, 2023).
- By email — Send all application materials in a PDF format to Greg Abbott at email@example.com by noon Monday, March 13, 2023.
If you have any questions about the MSBA Student School Board Member Scholarship, email Greg Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022: Megan Lindow (Nevis High School) and Daniela Ortiz (Owatonna High School)
2021: Morgan Hoong (Fairmont High School) and Baleigh Peterson (Gibbon Fairfax Winthrop High School)
2020: Lucy Browning (Chaska High School) and Adam Koller (Worthington High School)
2019: Deon Estebo (Redwood High School) and Andrew Kroll (Pine Island High School)
2018: Ashley Rensted (White Bear Lake Area High School) and Zachary Riffle (Mounds Westonka High School)
2017: Nathan Hagerott (Caledonia High School) and London Lowmanstone (Hopkins High School)
2016: McKinley Lain (Sauk Rapids-Rice High School) and Taylor Nelson (Woodbury High School)
2015: Amber Bennett (Proctor High School) and Giancarlo Marconi (Austin High School)
2014: Tim Bergeland (Hopkins High School) and Erik Thibault (Duluth East High School)
2013: Stephanie Chavez-Estrada (Richfield High School) and Molly Sandstrom (Chisago Lakes High School)
2012: Michael Gaytko (Waseca High School) and Heather Rolfing (Lewiston-Altura High School)
2011: Marguerite Haggerty (Cannon Falls High School) and Maraki Ketema (White Bear Lake Area High School)
2010: Kai Fei (Duluth East High School) and Tanwaporn Ohl (Cass Lake-Bena High School)
2009: Ethan Lang (Hopkins High School) and Kendra Lynn (Cambridge-Isanti High School)