The Advocacy Team apologizes for the interruption of blogging on the task force updates; however, the 2013 MSBA Delegate Assembly consumed most of our time in the previous weeks. After a successful Delegate Assembly (thanks to all our fantastic school board delegates) we are ready to start blogging again!
It is through this blog we will keep you informed of the direction of the many task forces meeting in the interim. As we have mentioned in the past, Governor Dayton and Commissioner Cassellius have found this process as an effective way to develop policy direction. To remind you, here is a list of the task forces:
- Career Pathways and Technical Education Advisory Task Force
- School Facilities Financing Work Group
- Special Education Caseloads Task Force
- Standard Adult High School Diploma Task Force
- Teacher Licensure Advisory Task Force
- Integration Rule Alignment Work Group
You can find all the information in regards to each task force on the Department of Education website at http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/Welcome/AdvBCT/index.html.
The Career Pathways and Technical Education Task Force has met several times since we last updated you — there is a lot of information — so throughout the next week I will break it down into three major areas:
- Summary of a report presented by Al Hauge and Alyssa Klein of the Department of Education titled, Assisting Students with Career Readiness.
- Highlights of discussion and research exploring Individual Learning Plans to accomplish career and college ready goals.
- Recommendations from the task force members.
Watch for these updates throughout the next week.