To participate, come to NSBA’s Twitter page at https://twitter.com/NSBAComm Thursday, June 21, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. CDT.
Questions that will be posed during the chat include:
1. Whose job is it to ensure schools are safe?
2. Are schools responsible for community safety, too?
3. When it comes to equity and safety — are there any overlaps?
4. What is your district’s largest safety concern/what are your safety policies designed to target?
5. How do you ensure your safety policies are not disproportionately targeting a vulnerable population of students?
6. How do you use partnerships with the community to make your schools safer for all students?
Include the hashtags #NSBAEquity and #Supts4Equity in your posts to be part of the Twitter chat stream. Also, when referencing a question, please include the question number (Q1, Q2, etc.) in your tweet.