The MSBA Statewide Advocacy Tour gets underway on Thursday, September 10, with stops in North Mankato and Rochester.
RSVP today for any stop on the Tour at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015AdvocacyTourRSVP. The complete schedule includes:
- 5 p.m. Thursday, September 10: South Central Service Cooperative, 2075 Lookout Drive, NORTH MANKATO
- 5 p.m. Thursday, September 10: Southeast Service Cooperative, 210 Wood Lake Drive SE, ROCHESTER
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 15: North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District, 2520 12th Avenue East, NORTH ST. PAUL
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, September 15: Worthington School District Cafeteria, 1211 Clary Street, WORTHINGTON
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 16: Bloomington School District, Education Services Center, 1350 West 106th Street, BLOOMINGTON
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 16: Spring Lake Park School District, 1415 81st Avenue NE, SPRING LAKE PARK
- 4:30 p.m. Thursday, September 17: Hopkins School District, 1001 Highway 7, HOPKINS
- 5 p.m. Thursday, September 17: Willmar School District, 611 5th Street SW, WILLMAR
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 22: Thief River Falls School District, 230 Labree Avenue South, THIEF RIVER FALLS
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 22: Resource Training & Solutions, 137 23rd Street South, SARTELL
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 23: Independent School District 318, 820 NW First Avenue, GRAND RAPIDS
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 23: Lakes Country Service Cooperative, 1001 East Mount Faith Avenue, FERGUS FALLS
- 5 p.m. Thursday, September 24: Walker-Hackensack-Akeley School District, 301 Fourth Street, WALKER
- 5 p.m. Thursday, September 24: Cloquet School District, 302 14th Street, CLOQUET
The Tour marks the first step toward advocacy for the 2016 legislative session. At this meeting, MSBA members will discuss policy and funding issues that are impacting their respective school districts — which will help generate ideas for MSBA’s 2016 legislative agenda.
Area legislators will also be in attendance — which will provide MSBA members with a great advocacy opportunity.
Attendees will also receive a briefing from MSBA’s Government Relations team and an update from MSBA executives on the future of the association.
MSBA will also hand out Leadership Development Certificates to those members who have completed MSBA’s Phase I, Phase II and Phase III training workshops. Click here to see if you will be receiving a Leadership Development Certificate during the Tour.
Please visit https://www.mnmsba.org/StatewideAdvocacyTour for more information and to view the complete schedule.