The MSBA Fall Regional Meetings are complete! MSBA’s Grace Keliher and Denise Dittrich held 10 meetings across the state to discuss how to be more effective advocates for public education, the new requirements for school districts that came out of the 2014 legislative session and finally, emerging issues board members could face in 2015.
As we discussed future issues, these themes emerged:
1. Revenue on the per-pupil funding formula
2. Teacher shortage due to teacher licensure requirements
3. Teacher evaluation funding for those who don’t receive Q Comp revenue
4. Capital facilities inequalities around the state
5. Technology needs for the future
Thank you for attending the meetings and for working with us as we stand up for public education!