A recording of the April 11 edition of the “Monday Morning Coffee with the Government Relations Team” conference call is now available via the audio player below.
During this conference call, MSBA’s Grace Keliher and Kimberley Dunn Lewis discussed:
- a bill that would increase the funding formula by 1 percent,
- the results of a recent MSBA survey sent to superintendents, asking what their priorities would be if schools receive a 1 percent funding increase this session (Grace rolled out the Top 10 responses: programming was the No. 1 priority overall)
- the Omnibus Elections Bill,
- the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Rulemaking Committee,
- the first Minnesota Department of Education’s ESSA topic meeting,
- school discipline,
- spending targets,
- and a video interview with Sen. Chuck Wiger discussing the Teacher Shortage Act.
The NEXT conference call is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, April 18. Visit https://www.mnmsba.org/LegislativeNews for call-in instructions.
Also, please see MSBA’s Legislative Calendar for this week’s education committee schedule.