- This event has passed.
Skills for Bridging the Divide
January 25 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree – $30
There’s a lot of stress these days among family members and friends who are divided politically, and the current polarized public conversation doesn’t help. Please join Braver Angels for a Braver Angels Skills for Bridging the Divide Workshop and learn skills for having respectful conversations that clarify differences, search for common ground, and affirm the importance of the relationship.
This free workshop does the following:
- Provides knowledge about what it takes to have constructive, non-polarizing conversations between people who disagree politically.
- Gives you the chance to practice these skills to have these conversations.
- Motivates you to have these conversations with people in your social network.
This is a two-part workshop combining an online eLearning course and an online, interactive workshop offered over Zoom.
- Part one consists of our 40 minute, interactive course. You complete this online before the workshop.
- Part two is practicing what you’ve learned in our 90 minute, online workshop. You will practice the listening and speaking skills in a pair with someone of your own political persuasion — red or blue. “Reds” lean conservative and tend to vote Republican. “Blues” lean liberal and tend to vote Democratic. If you fall somewhere in the middle, you can choose a side for purposes of practicing the skills.
Who can come? Anyone interested in having better conversations with people on the other side of the political aisle.