- This event has passed.
February 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Much of today’s polarization is driven by how we talk with like-minded people about those on the other side. Too often, we stereotype, dismiss, or ridicule our fellow citizens who support the other political party, its leaders, and its policies.
This free workshop teaches participants:
- How to be more aware of their own “inner polarizer.”
- How to be critical without demonizing, dismissing or stereotyping large swaths of the population.
- Strategies for intervening constructively in social conversations with like-minded peers when these conversations veer into contempt and ridicule for people who hold other political views.
This is a two-part workshop combining an online eLearning course and an online, interactive workshop offered over Zoom.
- Part one consists of our 40 minute interactive course. You complete this online before the workshop.
- Part two is practicing what you’ve learned in our 90 minute, online workshop.
Who can come? Anyone interested in examining their own inner polarization and learning strategies to disagree without condemning or ridiculing others.