Stay current on news from the state Capitol by subscribing to The MSBA Weekly Advocate email. Each Monday during the legislative session, the MSBA Government Relations staﬀ sends The MSBA Weekly Advocate to get members caught up with the latest legislative news and to provide a look forward to what is happening at the Capitol.
2023 Omnibus Education Finance and Policy Bill: The 2023 Omnibus Education Finance and Policy Bill was signed into law by Governor Tim Walz on May 24, 2023. Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) district runs for FY24-25 were posted on June 22, 2023.
- Conference Committee Report on HF 2497
- Bill Summary
- Aid Appropriation Summary (Change Only)
- HF2497 Conference Report District Runs
- House FY24-25 Conference Lookup (Excel)
Omnibus Jobs, Economic Development, Labor, and Industry Bill: The 2023 Omnibus Jobs, Economic Development, Labor, and Industry Bill passed the Senate and House now goes to the Governor for his signature to become law.
- SF 3505 – Conference Committee Report: The PELRA school district language is in Article 11 (beginning on Page 81) and earned safe and sick time is in Article 12 (beginning on Page 122)
- A note of thanks: Together, we strongly opposed the school district changes to PELRA in this bill every step of the way. Despite our opposition, it became clear Governor Walz and majority caucuses had made it a priority to enact these changes. Thank you for your efforts – our voices were heard.
PELRA bill: MSBA and other education organizations sent a letter to legislative leaders outlining our opposition to legislation that would make major changes to collective bargaining.
- Access the letter of opposition to the PELRA bill
- Modifications to Public Employment Labor Relations Act (PELRA)
Letter of Support/Opposition to 2023 Omnibus Policy Bills: MSBA and other education organizations sent letters of support and concerns for the House Education Omnibus Policy Bill (HF 1260) and the Senate Education Omnibus Policy Bill (SF 1311).
Access the letter regarding the House Education Omnibus Policy Bill
Access the letter regarding the Senate Education Omnibus Policy Bill